Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Using "Music Writing" to Trigger Creativity, Awareness and Motivation


I would have given anything to have been able to do this in my classes during my childhood!  This would open the doors so many creative writers and children will be able to not only open up their musical interests but also be able use creative writing for any song they listen to.  Music doesn't have to be used either, in the first example, the children counted back from 50 to 1 and once they were done, they were told to write about what they saw.  I can see this being done with pictures of places or even colors.  The students could even use their own music to come up with whatever they felt but I think it would be best to keep the music the controlled piece.  This would be perfect since almost everyone has Zune or iTunes so this can easily be done in the classroom and I feel that I might be using that technique sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment